Tradition of Innovation
At the forefront of dentistry for over 30 years...
For over 30 years, North Adelaide Dental Care has been committed to innovating services to ensure a healthy smile is accessible to everyone. These innovations have contributed to the dental profession in many ways.
North Adelaide Dental Care is one of the first General Dental Practices in Australia:
- to provide in-room, IV Sedation administered by a Specialist Anaesthetist (since 1986)
- to place dental implants (since 1986)
- to utilise the services of Dental Hygienists as a means to support and enhance the care of oral health care outcomes for our patients (since 1988)
- to provide master classes for the dental profession on dental implant placement and restoration (since 2007).
Our clinicians have taken a leadership approach to professional development at local, national and international levels. This commitment has been recognised by numerous awards, honorary academies and positions within the profession including as guest lecturers and mentorships.
- Dr Jonathan Rogers began his involvement with the ADA in 1976, on the working party charged with Peer Review. Between 1981 – 1983, Dr Rogers served on the Australian Dental Council (ADC) and as a member of various ADASA committees, including Administration, Membership, Education and Public Relations. In 1983, Jonathan was elected as the ADASA Treasurer and was involved in the working parties for the Post Graduate Certificate in Clinical Dentistry and the treatment of disadvantaged persons, (an ADA partnership with South Australian Dental Services). Dr Rogers also worked on the Conduct Review Committee for 13 years, between 1984 and 1997. In 1990 and 2005, Dr Jonathan Rogers once again served on ADASA Committees, on the annual congress and as a member of the Scientific Committee before receiving an ADA service award in 2006.
- Dr Greg Miller joined as a member of the ADA in 2002 and since that time has held the elected position of the ADA South Australian Branch President, (2016 and 2017), having previously held Vice Presidency (2015) and Councillor (2014 to Present) positions. He also sits on the Investment and Third Party Special Purpose Committees. Greg has also been a member of the Fluoridation and Membership Services Committees in Tasmania.
- Dr Jonathan Rogers, Dr Greg Miller and Dr Tony Leung are each Fellows of RACDS by examination.
- Dr Rogers has been actively involved in the RACDS, (since 1991), including 6 years Chairing the Board of Studies for the RACDS Membership program for General Dental Practice, at its inception, (between 2004 – 2010). He received a Meritorious Service Award in 2006.
- Dr Greg Miller holds a position on the RACDS (general stream) board of studies, (2015-Present) and has the largest Mentoring cohort in Australia within the Membership program.
- Dr Miller was the inaugural graduate of the Membership of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons program by examination in 2011.
- Dr Angela Jou is presently undertaking studies in the Membership of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons Program and aims to complete this by the end of 2017.
- In 2015, Dr Jonathan Rogers and Dr Greg Miller were amongst the first general dentists in Australia to complete the demanding examination for the Diploma for Implant Dentistry from RCSEd
Active involvement with University Institutions:
- Members of our current clinical staff contribute to the Faculty of Dentistry at The University of Adelaide as active mentors to undergraduate dental students. The clinic is chosen as one of the few in Adelaide that hosts the final year Dental Clinical Placement Program to allow students to see the work undertaken in private practice.
- Dr Jonathan Rogers was a Clinical Tutor in Restorative Dentistry at the University of Adelaide, between 1977 and 1981. In 2007, Dr Rogers became a Clinical Tutor in Complex Restorative Dentistry before being appointed as a Senior Clinical Lecturer in 2008.
- Dr Rogers was appointed as a Senior Clinical Lecturer at the University of Sydney in 2016.
- Dr Jonathan Rogers was the inaugural graduate in the University of Adelaide’s Graduate Certificate in Dentistry (in 1997).
- Dr Rogers successfully completed the Globe Institute for Dental Education (gIDE) Master Clinician Program in Implant dentistry at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA); a hands on, evidence-based comprehensive program taught by world-class faculty (2009).
- Dr Greg Miller is an Honorary Clinical Tutor with the University of Adelaide, (since 2012), having developed the online laser dentistry curriculum in 2011.
- In addition to his undergraduate degree from the University of Adelaide in 2001, Dr Miller graduated from the Diploma in Clinical Dentistry (Oral Implants) from the University of Sydney with Distinction in 2011.
- In 2014 Dr Miller graduated from Graduate Diploma in Dental Sleep Medicine from Adelaide University and University of Western Australia with Distinction.
- Dr Ying Guo works as a Senior Lecturer in Oral Pathology at the Adelaide Dental School (since April 2016).
International recognitions, honours and awards:
- Dr Jonathan Rogers and Dr Greg Miller are invited Fellows of Pierre Fauchard Academy, an international dental honorary organisation that recognises the most outstanding dentists in every country in the world. Additionally, Dr Jonathan Rogers was awarded an Honorary Life Membership in 2010, following the Section Chairpersons Plaque Award in 2004.
- Dr Jonathan Rogers and Dr Greg Miller are Fellows by invitation, (Jonathan since 1998 and Greg since 2017), at the International College of Dentists (FICD); a worldwide honorary dental organisation. Fellowship in the College is by invitation only and is granted in recognition of an individual dentist’s “outstanding professional achievement, meritorious service and dedication to the continued progress of dentistry for the benefit of humankind”
- Dr Jonathan Rogers is a Fellow, by invitation, (since 2005) at the Academy of Dentistry International (FADI); a transnational organisation devoted to the advancement of dentistry throughout the world and to the elevation of dental standards by continuing education. Fellowship is bestowed on dentists whose professional, civic and related accomplishments are truly outstanding.